Thursday, April 24, 2008

Cushy, positive and fun - Can this really be a job?


Alright, so I started work yesterday. Didn't quite know what to expect. I arrived at 8:30 a.m. to this bouquet on my desk, a plant from the branch manager and two very nice ladies standing there with big smiles to welcome me!

What a great way to start, right? Well, it got better.

First of all, the branch is located in a business center that has the following in its facilities: a relaxation room with a massage chair and a couch for INDIVIDUAL use (you just slide an IN USE sign across the door), two breakrooms(both equipped with flatscreen TVs that run all day and you are welcome to change the channel), free coffee or tea all day long (with three flavors of coffee, including creme brulee - my favorite)and continental breakfast every Friday until 10:30 a.m.

My supervisor, a very nice woman, took me out to Mimi's for lunch today, along with the gal who is training me. Left at 11:30, got back at 1:30 p.m. - no rush. The big boss is an incredibly nice and gentle man, who believes in empowering his people, and every thing in the office is done on a positive note. There are brief daily meetings during which people express themselves freely - not rudely - but honestly.

I cannot believe my luck! I woke up full of gratitude today.

I had been collecting signatures on petitions for the past couple of weeks to survive, so if you don't think I appreciate this gift from the Universe - well, let's just say you've never collected signatures for a living.

Best to all of you -

4 comments:

SheBunni said...

Get me a job there! :)

Much luck to you as you begin this new phase of your life!

Anonymous said...

okay, now you're REALLY making the kramer thing look bad. seriously. LOL. That is frickin awesome, gf. xo!

tschultz said...

Hey Girly!!
You look great! and your job sound awesome. I'm really jealous right now, your doing everything you set out for, and you deserve it! YOU GO GIRL!

gilertglcn said...

You deserve the best, as you are the best! You look great and you look happy, and that is what counts in this world. We miss you out here in Sunny (and hot) Arizona. Come by and see us sometime (in the winter when it is only 80 degrees out). Take care, and keep on posting!