Thursday, March 6, 2008

The World is my oyster

I'm about to leave little old Maricopa. Only 12 days left and one more newspaper to put out. I have very mixed feelings about the whole thing.

I'm incredibly excited about taking up a new adventure, but sad to be leaving people who I've come to know and care about. I'm really sad to leave a city in so much disarray. For the past week or so, there has been a string of people coming through my door or calling me on the phone to express dismay at my leaving.

It would take a huge ego to accept all of that as a credit to me personally. I am grateful, however, that there are those who feel I've contributed something here. I really did try hard.

As overwhelming as things are right now, I hope that Maricopans will stay involved. Ultimately, the only thing that will keep these people, the City Council and their staff, on the straight and narrow is the attention of their constituents.

I'm off to start a new endeavor and anxious to get underway. I'm headed for Sacramento, California, but not about to stop there. I'm moving into a motorhome named Wanda, and will be tooling around the West Coast and then onto the rest of the country.

As I go, I'm going to uploading pictures and giving a little travel log about my journey. But I'm also going to be keeping an eye on Maricopa. I'm sure I'll have a little bit to say about what's going on.

Signing off for now - Kathy L. Hall - Citizen of the Universe

No comments: