Monday, March 24, 2008

From Folsom Lake to where?

I've landed in Sacramento, and today I'm trying to get my head around that. I've signed up for a campground for two weeks and spent last night there. It was so peaceful and nice. I'm surrounded by oak trees.

Vanessa, my daughter, and I had a long, uneventful trip up, with only one incident. It scared me a bit, but she kept her head. We were looking for a Wal-Mart and got lost. Turned down a dead-end street and couldn't turn Wanda and the tow-dolly around. I got the Yaris stuck by trying to give the chains around the tires a little slack and rolling right over the barrier to the other side of the dolly. Bad Kathy! We prevailed on a nice man who lived in this upscale neighborhood and he helped us get Bebe (my Yaris) off the dolly, turn the dolly around by hand and reload Bebe. We gave him a nice bottle of wine and many, many hugs and were on our way.

Vanessa got to visit with family for one night and a morning and then flew back to Arizona. I have been doing the rounds with family ever since. Last night was the first time on my own. This morning and afternoon has been spent trying to figure out mail and jobs. I'm getting a handle on it. Really I am.

About the trip - 17 hours of driving - but it really wasn't bad. I find there aren't that many people ready to jump into an RV and take off. I'm collecting strange looks from everyone, including one of my sisters, who didn't realize I was actually planning on living in Wanda permanently. When I told her, she arched one brow and said, "Reeaallly?"

So, wish me luck temporary job hunting tomorrow. I'll need it. May your days be filled with quiet moments of revere.

2 comments:

Kateris_Mama_Bear said...

Hi Kathy! I miss you :-( **sniffs** I wish you the best of luck with your new journey in life. I'll talk to you soon and take care!

Bernadette & Kateri Nez

(aka Bernita)

Kathy Lynn Hall said...

You tell Miss Kateri that I miss her Mom! Email me soon!