Monday, April 12, 2010

In the Lap of Luxury

My daughter came to visit me from Phoenix two weeks ago and we spent four glorious days exploring Sacramento. I got to share so many of my favorite Sacramento things with her: the Davis Farmer’s Market and the arboretum at UCD, the homes surrounding Land Park, the Hoss Academy on Sunrise for dueling facials, the Capitol and JimBoy’s tacos.

We treated ourselves to a night at the Sheraton Grand downtown, in part because as a Sheraton employee in Phoenix she gets great discounts. But I was wholly unprepared for how nice everything was.

We had a great view, incredible cloudlike beds, a great meal at Morgan’s Central Valley Bistro (the atrium restaurant) and probably most importantly, fabulous room service – see the desserts we had delivered, crème brulee and tiramisu.

Since I gave up television a couple of years ago, we watched the first “Dancing with the Stars” of the season in our room and it was a blast.

Sometimes, the very best thing you can do for yourself is let yourself be treated royally. The Sheraton fit the bill.

1 comment:

The Green Pea said...

I can not think of a better way to spend your weekend. How nice you shared it with your daughter. Those are my two favorite desserts....Hope you have a nice week. sandi